When it comes to knowledge and insight, one need not look much further than Professor Victor Davis Hanson. The man oozes with wisdom.
A professor of the classics for more than two decades in the California State University system, Dr. Hanson is a columnist at National Review, a senior fellow of military history at Stanford's Hoover Institution, and the author of more than a dozen books.
VDH, as he's affectionately known in conservative circles, graciously lent us a 1/2 hour of his time and we covered everything from his monthly lunches with Dr. Thomas Sowell to his Swedish ancestry to the current state of American higher education.
You're going to enjoy this interview. Trust me.
Listen live below or download us on your iTunes!
Pertinent links to our conversation with VDH:
- Professor Hanson's personal website
- His Hoover Institution homepage
- Recent interview with VDH at Uncommon Knowledge
- His 2001 masterpiece, Carnage and Culture
- His review of Jared Diamond's (Guns, Germs, and Steel) work
- His most recent National Review column, "The Tragic View Returns" (this is a MUST READ!!!)